International Equine Sports Science Virtual Summit
Improving Equine Health and Performance
Saturday 3rd October 2020
Online via Webinar
World Renowned Researchers
One Virtual Ticket
£65:00 Incl VAT
Please click to see our cancellation policy
Our annual equine sports science seminar facilitates the sharing of some of the latest evidence and research currently within equine sports science and medicine. This seminar provides some of the latest thinking and approaches associated with the management of the horse from a veterinary, therapy and performance perspective. Previously, the seminar has welcomed world-leading researchers Prof. Renate Weller, Dr Richard Coombes, Prof Hilary Clayton, Prof. Lars Roepstorff, Dr Rachel Murray and Sharon May Davis and has attracted delegates from all over the world.
Sadly due to the uncertainty with COVID-19 in respect of social distancing, mass gatherings and general uncertainty we have taken the decision to postpone this year’s seminar to next year. Next year’s seminar with the same programme will run on Saturday 2nd October 2021 @ Hartpury College.
Instead of this year’s seminar we are delighted to be running a “International Equine Sports Science Virtual Summit” on Saturday 3rdOctober 2020. The 2020 summit will be a day of presentations from researchers around the globe. The summit will be delivered via webinar, attendees will have opportunity to ask questions and all the presentations will be fully interactive. This virtual event will be broadcasted around the globe and will be available “on demand” for viewing for 7 days after the summit.
We are delighted that we have the following world renowned researchers presenting a webinar based presentation at the summit:
- Dr. Anna Bystrom - The saddle pressure pattern - a little bit of everything
- Dr. Andrew Fiske Jackson - Surgical options for back pain: case selection to optimise outcomes
- Dr. Sarah Hobbs – Equine locomotion on circles
- Assoc. Prof. Kevin Haussler - Physical examination and assessing back shape related to saddle fitting
- Dr. Rachel Murray - Muscle development in rehabilitation: what can we use?
- Dr. Russell MacKechnie-Guire – The use and application of thermography to quantify saddle fit
- Assoc. Prof. Thilo Pfau - The back as a functional link between the front and hind limbs: a (bio) mechanical perspective
- Dr. Nicole Rombach - Clinical Dysfunction In The Horse: a Neuromotor Control Approach to Therapeutic Intervention
This summit is set to be an informative and educational day delivered via webinar direct to your laptop.
Images from previous Equine Sports Science Seminar